Monday, March 21, 2011

Our Real Heroes, Our Mothers


In times of peace, in times of war, in times of strife and in times of prosperity a mother's love is a cure to an ailing heart and a wounded soul. I wish I can translate what my beating heart says to my mother on this special day. The problem is that words written are no justice, for you need to be an artist or a poet to touch upon what a mother's love is. And so I quote this little poem that will hopefully relate to you what I feel about my mother.

A Rose for Mother
by Cleo M. Shoffstall 
Another Mother's Day is here,
Bringing joy and pleasures new,
On this special day, Mother dear,
I want to remember you.

I cannot give you costly gifts,
And I've told you this before,
No matter what I give to you,
You give back much, much more.

I'm giving you a pure, sweet rose,
Gathered in the early morn,
This rose you planted in my heart,
The day that I was born.

In kindly, loving thoughts of you,
And with the faith you still impart,
The rose I give to you today,
Is the love that's in my heart.

Very cheesy I know, but c'mon we have to be cheesy to appreciate our mothers.Happy mothers day you sweet thing, I wish you love.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww!

    May God bless all of your days to come; you true child and son.
    The only given day of the year on which a man's eyes are bound to tear.

    A beautiful portrait; Allah y7af'9ha w y5aleeha.

    ReplyDelete