Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Lesson A Day

I believe in that life can teach us valuable lessons in everything that we do or happen to us. Sometimes it is hidden in things that annoyed you on that day, or in things that seem so insignificant. Yet no matter what I think it is wonderful when we look back and replay the events and this time see the lesson staring right at us. I learned to look for lessons from a man who was more than 50 years older than me, when he said to me that he is still learning till this day. It shook me to be honest with you.

Let me tell you that the man I have mentioned earlier is a very successful man that holds important positions in this country, but that is not necessary to learn from individuals. I have equally learned important lessons from people you don't seem to notice even if you accidentally rub shoulders with them in an alley. My point is not to praise my kindness or my ability to listen to everyone equally without discrimination. What I want to say is that actually I grew up as a very stubborn young man that once an idea takes hold in my head it is then nearly impossible for anyone to shake it off. And taking humbling lessons from people with experience was something I considered humiliating to my ego. Gradually though I have let go of those silly qualities and have turned them into a lesson not to be repeated whoever I feel my pride is hurt when someone corrects me.

I have been blessed to have the benefit to have learned so much in such an easy way throughout my life, as others learn the difficult way which can be profoundly traumatizing. Not to say that everything was smooth sailing, but that you can consider it bearable than others. Regardless of the way that lessons come in, they can have the power to shape up a life if given a chance. A life changed or adjusted every single day is a sure way of maintaining a parallel line to a path that is right. Just like in space where shuttles and rockets keep taking corrective maneuvers often enough to ensure that they exit and enter the atmosphere safely, lest they miss their mark or worse yet burn so brightly in the atmosphere.

Before I bore you any further with my endless thoughts on the matter, I would like to end this post by making a clear point in that mistakes are what I meant when talking about lessons, mistakes that we as humans do on a daily basis. If mistakes are hard to notice in your day then please check, for your sake, the wings at your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment