Friday, November 6, 2015

Dancing Stars

Tonight I was sitting in a coffee shop alone, reading and every once in a while lifting my head to notice faces around me. Observing a gesture, or noticing a smile. Those who are alone are not really alone. They are in the middle of all that is going on around them. Tuned to all the sounds near and far. But that is not the reason I write tonight.

A few little girls were waiting for their drinks next to me and talking about things that I did not pay attention to. But she stood next to me and started demonstrating to the other girls how she would dance. I looked up when I noticed her beside me dancing. She suddenly stopped, blushed and said "I'm sorry for dancing." I smiled and replied to her "it's ok, go ahead." What I really wanted to say though was little sweet girl keep on dancing. Dance to the world, dance to the stars and let your dancing be your words. I wanted to tell her to never stop dancing, never let your feet stop moving, for when you stop you declare your surrender. You raise your white tattered flag. You admit the end of the reasons that bring you joy.

Sweet little girl, don't listen to those who would sit you down. Who would aspire to see you helpless. Rather be the everlasting shining star that shines to end darkness, that in the far distance guide those who lose their way. The star that brings good fortune for the unfortunate.

Dance little girl, and let the world see your dancing. Whirl around and stomp your feet in protest or stop and fade off into the encroaching emptiness of darkness. In the end, I wish your life be a wonderful dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment